Labels

Monday, December 16, 2019

Enneagram Series Reference Post

Disclaimer: I'm not an Enneagram expert. However, I'm no longer the LEAST educated person I know on it, so I've made progress. All my thoughts have some amount of legitimate research behind them. (Translation: I know what I'm talking about, Karen. Unless you find something wrong in what I say, and then I reserve the right to pull the Not-An-Expect Card.)


Handy Principles of Eight-ness:
1) Our Basic Need is "to be against." Even if I agree with you, my INSTANT instinct is to position myself against you or the belief we actually share.

2) Our Childhood Wound is that there was a "rejection experience" with relation to our parent(s). (This DOES NOT mean that the parent was the one doing the rejecting. Sometimes it just means that we felt controlled/manipulated by the amount of love shown us by our parent(s), and WE stiff-armed/rejected the parent's love.)

3) Our Basic Fear is being violated, controlled, or betrayed.

4) Our most accessible emotion is anger.

5) We struggle to be vulnerable because we feel like everyone is out to get us or sell us out.

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment