Labels

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Shortcut to Knowing Me


I had a friend recently start reading my blog, and I was surprised at how much more at ease I felt after learning that. It's hard to get to know people as adults unless you work with them or figure out another way to log lots of hours together. My blog is a pretty effective shortcut (if you count reading hundreds of words "short") to getting to know me. If you like my blog, chances are you'll like me; if you don't like it, chances are you won't. We've saved each other some time and energy 🤣 One of my best friends also started dating someone recently, but they live really far away. I'll never get to log a lot of hours with the person.

These two ideas got me thinking about how I would sum myself up if I needed to. Like, if someone was going to get to know me from a single collection, what would I put in it?

Obviously there's no REAL shortcut to knowing someone, but here are ten pieces of Me that I've curated over the last little while for no reasons other than thought exercise and narcissism 😂 I word-vomited thoughts onto the digital page and then overthought and rephrased them with the goal of getting THE MOST bang for my buck, trying to embed identity into the way they're presented as well as the facts themselves.

1. I have thought "I want that movie directly injected into my veins" about three movies: Dune Part II, The Batman, and Christopher Robin.

2. I love my favorite song of all time, "Take Me Back to Eden" by Sleep Token, so much that I only listen to it a few times a year, as loud as I can stand it, alone or with someone I am certain will not speak.

3.
Despite what I may present to make others comfortable, I internally consider all promises to be binding contracts.

4.
Gabe's and my wedding cake topper was a guy with brown hair next to a girl with red hair secretly grabbing his butt.

5. I have always felt an older-brother-shaped hole in my soul so profound that I believe I have an unborn sibling waiting for me in Heaven.

6. 
 I have been writing and rewriting The Fire Faery Story since I was twelve years old, and one day it will be right and be published.

7.
I am extremely sensitive to feeling trapped, which inspired Gabe’s and my annual “random road trips” where we get in the car (sometimes without luggage) and drive aimlessly for days, stopping to do anything that seems interesting and leaving when the Force tells us to.

8.
If I were a band, I would be Relient K.

9. 
  One of my favorite days: I came into the living room of our Kernersville apartment while Gabe was watching Archer and we laid around being best friends and watching Archer literally all day and ordered pizza for dinner.

10. I had an unmedicated birth and I am OBSESSED with that experience.

I would really love to hear other people's lists if you want to share in a comment (or text/message if you don't want AI harvesting your personality
🙃)!

~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment