Gabe and I are true Enneagram believers (hence why there's a whole label for those posts), which means we try really hard not to type people. It's almost impossible to type someone anyway because Enneagram isn't about what you can see people do, but why they're doing it. So, we are not going to type Elle.
*presses lips together sheepishly*
Although I have my suspicions.
Because I have my suspicions, I listened to the Sleeping At Last song for her number in the car today. My heart swelled at the pleasant lyrics that seemed to fit, and broke at the hints of the number's wound.
I began tearing up as it registered in a different way that Elle is a whole person. Gabe and I can do our very best, but she is going to have a Wound, because everyone does. That's not an Enneagram thing; it's a human thing. Every person has something they struggle with deeply or something that negatively bumped their trajectory in childhood, however slightly. Elle is going to get hurt, and probably by us because we're the ones closest to her, the ones near her when she's most vulnerable.
That's sad.
I'm not overly upset about this. I know it's life/fallen nature/we all do the best we can/everyone needs therapy no matter what/blah blah blah. It is what it is.
But Elle is so precious. Every parent must feel this way. This bright, precious little soul deserves the very best, the happiest. Sure, I want her to experience the full range of human emotion, but...can't the sad things be in a very controlled, mild, brief way?
Probably not XD
And that's sad.
Huh. Maybe that's how God feels about us 💔
~Stephanie

No comments:
Post a Comment